Wednesday Hodgepodge – Thinking of Spring!
It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce has some thought provoking questions for us today.
1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title ‘March Madness’?
The only thing I can think of that might be considered “March Madness” would be the wind and dirt blowing here in West Texas. We can have beautiful Spring weather but, we also get a lot of wind and the dirt blows terrible. It’s hard to keep the porches clean. Matter of fact I read that tomorrow and Friday will be windy up to 50 mph gusts. I plan my errands around windy days.
2. What’s a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children’s childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there’s a story behind the origin please share.
I am nine years younger than my youngest brother. I took care of my two brothers while growing up; we were all very close. My baby brother couldn’t say Beverly, so he called me Bell0. I can still hear him saying “I want my Bello.”
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick ( under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were: clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don’t get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen ‘quick’ tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
I love keeping my house in order and clean. So, yes…I will and have been spring cleaning.
The two items from the list that I need to do would probably be vacuum the mattresses and wash baseboards.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
I love Hallmark movies and I recently watched one called, “Love Locks.” It took place in Paris. It was a Valentine movie and our son and daughter in law were visiting Paris the weekend that I watched this movie, so it was fun seeing some of the things on the movie that I knew they were probably getting to see.
5. What’s put a spring in your step this month?
We just returned home after a week in Branson, MO. The last few years we have attended the Praisefest in Branson. It is always so nice to get away and hear uplifting music and encouraging words from the guest speaker. It’s so good to be around people that love God, our country and one another. Such a needed change from what is going on in our country today. We also were around many of the students from College of the Ozarks. Talk about refreshing! What a treat to see young people that are serious about their education and are busy working and serving. This is a big change from what we have seen on the nightly news from college campuses around our country.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
There was a short time that I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. It was a time as a teenager when I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my life. I did end up teaching my own children as we homeschooled from elementary all the way through graduation.
7. What’s your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
There is a lily that I love the smell of. I’m not sure the actual name of it, but I know what it looks like. At Christmas I try to get an arrangement with this flower in it. I also love the smell of a nice rose. I don’t really like floral scents in my home or as perfume. I haven’t used florals in our food at all. I wouldn’t know how to do that, I guess.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I enjoy reading blogs and I subscribe to many so I won’t miss their latest post. I’ve noticed lately that many of them have so many popups that it is hard to read. I don’t mind advertising on the side of the blogs but, with all the advertising within the blog post and then things popping up everywhere, it takes away from what I’m trying to read. Even the pictures are faded due to being ready to pin on Pinterest. You have to scroll to the side of the picture in order to view the pictures. Maybe it’s just me, but it takes the fun away from reading some of my favorite blogs. I’ve actually stopped reading some blogs because it was so annoying. Maybe, I need to just get over it.
Thank you for joining me today on Wednesday Hodgepodge. I’m linking with From This Side of the Pond