I just finished reading a new book, Perfect Lies. Jennifer Crow is the pastors wife of Victory Church in Oklahoma City, OK.
I first heard of her book at an event I went to in OKC. I got to visit with a lady from Victory Church and she told me about Jennifer Crow’s book that was about to come out. So, when I returned home, I pre-ordered it. It came right before our trip.
Perfect Lies, Overcoming nine hidden beliefs that stand between you and a healthy, joy-filled life.
1. I Am Unloveable – I must meet the standards others have set for me because otherwise I will be unloveable.
2. I Am Worthless – I must prove myself because my worth depends on what I do.
3. I Am Unacceptable – I must gain the acceptance of others because their opinion matters most.
4. I Am Unable – I must pull back because I am less capable than others.
5. I Am a Target – I must protect myself because others are out to get me.
6. I Am Not Angry – I must avoid conflict because expressing my anger is wrong.
7. I Am Bad – I must be perfect because my actions define who I am.
8. I Am in Danger – I must always be on guard because trouble is all around me.
9. I Am Deprived – I must indulge myself in order to be happy.
*Do you see yourself in any of these “lies?” I know I saw myself in a couple of them and this book helped put it all in perspective.
*I do hope you can identify the lies that may be in your life and are hindering you from being and accomplishing all that God designed you for!