Yesterday, while I was out shopping, the emergency signal went off on my phone and the radio. At first, I thought it was a weather alert due to the interesting weather we were having. When it finally stopped, I read what the details were; 15 year old girl kidnapped! The crazy part was, she was in the very area I was in. I then began to pray for this girl. I prayed that she would be rescued and that no harm would be done to her and this person that had taken her would be caught!
I was very thankful the next morning when I read that the girl had been found right after the Amber Alert was put out. She was safe. Thank you, Lord for protecting her and for the law enforcement officials who rescued her.
Each time I get the alert or I read or hear something on the news about a child or person kidnapped and is missing, I pray for that person by name. I pray that someone will see them, report it and then be rescued and that no harm will be done to them. I can’t even comprehend how this is even an issue in our country!
How thankful I am for the country we live in and for the beauty and blessings we have in our lives. I also know that there is an enemy who is out to destroy lives. We must be vigilant and aware of what is happening in our world and fight. Fight on our knees and fight with our wisdom and teaching.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” -I Peter 5:8
A couple of years ago, I put the Amber Alert App on my phone. It is crazy how many children are missing in this country. It makes my heart hurt! If you feel helpless in this epidemic that is going on and wonder what you can do, here are some tips to get started in helping to save children.
- Download the Amber Alert App on your phone.
- Review as many of the cases that you can and pray for each one.
- When an alert goes off, immediately pray for the situation.
- Be alert when traveling. Keep a discerning eye out for possible children/adults that may look like there is a problem. Have the phone numbers on your phone to the authorities if you have a sighting of a missing person.
- Get involved with the organizations that deal with missing children and human trafficking. Go to the websites and sign up for newsletters. Like their FaceBook page and read their feed and become aware of all they are doing to educate and help.
- Get involved in the legal aspect of what is going on to stop human trafficking and prosecuting these people that prey on women/children. When you know a certain bill is coming up in the Senate/Congress; make phone calls to your Congressmen/Senators!
- Don’t think someone else is taking care of this problem and do nothing. We all can do something. Maybe, pray! Maybe, donate money to organizations that are in the field! Maybe, educate others! Maybe, actually rescue someone! There is something we all can do.
- Teach your children how to stay safe and safe on social media. Don’t assume that they know how to protect themselves while out of your care or online.
Here is a list of organizations that you can start with to gain knowledge of the issue and learn how to protect your own and others.
I know this wasn’t a fun subject. I would much rather share decorating tips, but, each time I read or hear of an abduction, I am livid. This must be stopped…..today! Don’t wait until it hits close to home before you teach, share, donate or pray. The time is now!
“She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.” -Proverbs 31:27